This website is intended for residents of Canada.

Education Savings

Registered Education Savings Plans — or RESPs — are designed to help Canadians save for their children’s post-secondary education. And thanks to government grants, those savings can grow quickly.


  • RESP Application Form
  • Grant Form (Application for Basic and Additional CESG and CLB)
  • Annex A — use this if you’re naming multiple beneficiaries to one RESP
  • Annex B — use this if the account owner is not the Primary Care Giver
  • Annex C — use this to apply for Saskatchewan Advantage Grant for Education Savings (SAGES)
  • Annex D — use this to apply for British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG)
  • RESP Withdrawal Form

Family Plans vs. Individual Plans

Find out what distinguishes Family Plans from Individual Plans.

Read More

Grants & Incentives

Learn which government-sponsored incentives may be available to you – and how to apply.

Read More

Opening an RESP – preparing for your meeting

Everything you need to open a Franklin Templeton education savings plan.

Read More

Contributing to an RESP

Learn about lifetime maximums and the special conditions that apply to beneficiaries who are 16 or 17 years old.

Read More

Transferring an RESP to Franklin Templeton

Learn the difference between eligible and ineligible transfers and how to bring your client’s RESP to Franklin Templeton.

Read More

Educational Withdrawals

How to withdraw from your RESPs before classes start—and what we accept as proof of enrollment.

Read More

Non-Educational Withdrawals

The conditions (and, yes, consequences) of every type of non-educational withdrawal.

Read More