Your Privacy Is Our Priority
We take our commitment to your privacy seriously.
We all want to feel safe about the information we give to financial institutions. That's why Franklin Templeton Investments is committed to safeguarding information provided to us by investment representatives or by individual securityholders of our products and customers of our services.
Please take a few minutes to read about how we protect the confidentiality of non-public personal information.
Franklin Templeton Investments is a global investment organization, comprised of the various subsidiaries of Franklin Resources, Inc. The organization provides global and domestic investment management, securityholder and distribution services to the Franklin Templeton Investments products, high net worth and institutional accounts, as well as separate account management services, and trust and custodial products and services.
The Franklin Templeton Investments products and Franklin Templeton Investments Corp. (together referred to as "we", "our", and "us" throughout this notice) do not sell any personal information. We do not share non-public personal information of individuals outside of Franklin Templeton Investments, except as may be required by law or where your consent has been obtained to do so. Our privacy statement describes the steps we take to protect each individual's information and explains when non-public personal information about current or former customers may be shared with other parties.
What type of information do we collect?
When you, as an individual, invest in our products or engage our services, your investment representative or you provide us with your non-public personal information. We collect and use this information to service your accounts, provide you with the desired services and respond to your requests. The non-public personal information we collect falls into the following three categories:
- Information we receive from you on applications or know your client forms, whether we receive the form in writing or electronically. For example, this information may include your name, address, social insurance number, investment selection, beneficiary information, account holdings, financial situation and possibly your personal bank account information if you are signing up for certain account options that involve the transmission of money between your bank account and your account with us.
- Information about your portfolio, transactions and account history with us. This category also includes your communications to us concerning your portfolio, investments or accounts.
- Other general information that we may obtain about you such as demographic information.
To offer you a broad range of products and services, we may share information under limited circumstances.
In order to better service your accounts and provide you with more choices, we may share non-public personal information under the limited circumstances described below:
Within Franklin Templeton Investments.
Franklin Templeton Investments works as an organization to provide products and services that benefit our customer base. We may share all three categories of non-public personal information among ourselves. We may also share information with other Franklin Templeton Investments' companies. At times we may provide your personal information to Franklin Templeton affiliates outside of Canada who perform administrative services for us. In such cases, the information shared is subject to both the laws of Canada and the laws of the non-Canadian jurisdiction, including laws with respect to disclosure of such information. Franklin Templeton policies require these offices to protect the confidentiality of your information, and to use it only to provide the services we've asked them to perform.
Outside of Franklin Templeton Investments.
We may share all three types of non-public personal information with third parties outside of Franklin Templeton Investments. Below are some examples of third parties to whom we may disclose non-public personal information. While these examples do not cover every situation permitted under the law, we hope they help you understand how your information may be shared. We may share non-public personal information:
- With companies that work for us to service your accounts, or to provide services or process transactions you've requested. For example, we may use companies to assist us with mailing statements, processing cheques, or providing online transaction or account maintenance capabilities.
- With a party representing you, such as your investment representative, or to other third parties at your direction/consent.
- When permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process or the use of your social insurance number to submit tax reports to the Canada Revenue Agency.
Additionally, we may disclose all three types of non-public personal information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. If this occurs we will ensure that the outside companies with whom we do business are under contractual obligations to protect the confidentiality of your information, and to use it only to provide the services we've asked them to perform.
If you wish to withdraw consent to your personal information being collected, used and disclosed for the purposes listed above, please contact us at the number or address listed below. However, in some circumstances, legal requirements may prevent you from withholding or withdrawing consent. We may also limit the products and services we provide to you if you withhold or withdraw consent if the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information are necessary for provision of that product or service.
Confidentiality and Security.
Our employees are required to follow procedures with respect to maintaining the confidentiality of our customers' non-public personal information. Additionally, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information. This includes performing ongoing evaluations of our systems containing customer information and making changes when appropriate.
Through account statements and telephone account access, we provide you with access to your account information. If, for any reason, your account information needs to be updated or changed, please contact us immediately at the customer service phone numbers listed below. We will promptly correct the information and address any inquiries.
5000 Yonge Street
Call our Client Services team at:
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET.